Sunday, May 27, 2007

New Report!


There's a new report out by some rather right wing "think tanks." Basically, it says that when adjusted for inflation, people of my generation make less than people of my father's generation.


"Relying on Census Bureau figures, the study's authors found that after adjusting for inflation, men in their 30s in 2004 had a median income of about $35,000 per year, for a 12 percent drop compared with $40,000 per year for men in the same age group in 1974.

That stood in stark contrast to men in their 30s in 1994, who earned 5 percent more than their fathers did."


Now, call me cynical, but what could have happened around 1994 that may have influenced this? I seem to remember a certain Party taking Congress, and certain man's "Contract with America." I'm sure it's all coincidence! (Does sarcasm translate to the written word?)

No comments: